20 things your company should share on Social Media
International Social Media consultant and guru Jeff Bullas has composed a very useful self-explanatory list called ‘20 Things You Should Share On Social Media’.The list is a useful ‘prompt’ of things company bosses could and should be sharing as a business on social media.
A recent McKinsey Global Institute report states that companies that rely on brand recognition can increase margins by as much as 60 percent by using social media to connect with customers and to generate sharper consumer insights.
Obviously only some of it will apply to your company, but it would be a social media ‘sin’ to have this content and not use it to help your business be found online and drive extra sales.
1. YouTube Videos reviewing products or showing how to construct a product for DIY
2. Photos of events, exhibitions and post them on Flickr
3. If you are a creative business and create images and art also put them on Flickr or other social media sharing sites
4. Audio recordings of your online videos put them on your website or blog
5. PDF documents of offline archived information that is appropriate to put online
6. Slideshare presentations
11. Music if you are a musician
12. Text format of your video blog posts
13. Microsoft Office Documents
14. Notes displaying keypoints from your power point presentations
16. Press releases about your brand
17. News items about your company
18. Your Bookmarking such as Delicious, Stumbleupon and Digg
19. Competitions shouldn’t be just advertised on traditional Mass Media but shared via social media ..have a look at Ford’s Fiesta competition
20. Share your humour.. mix up your serious content with some humourous photo’s, articles and even cartoons
A recent study shows 63% of companies using social media say it has increased marketing effectiveness-among other benefits, HubSpot.
For expert advice on SEO, Google AdWords campaigns (PPC), Social Media Management or Reputation Management Voodoo Internet Marketing can help your customers find you online.Share this: